The Higher Education Journal for Learning and Teaching (HEJLT) now invites submissions for upcoming issues. We especially welcome colleagues who start to publish in the field of teaching and learning.
- Short articles (1000-3000 words) might be accounts of current practice, opinions on current issues for higher education, book reviews or commentaries on previous publications. We may edit articles for length and style, sending authors a final version to check before publication.
- Research papers (3000-5000 words) are welcomed from all disciplines and subject areas. These papers will be subject to peer review. Subjects covered include the broad areas of policy, strategy, curriculum, learning and teaching, assessment, resources, and quality enhancement. Both conceptual and empirical approaches are welcome and, in particular, articles reflecting on, and critically reviewing current practice with a view to sharing experiences, enhancing quality and promoting professional standards, are encouraged. Manuscripts may take the form of research papers, case studies, literature reviews, critical evaluations, new methodologies and action research.
HEJLT also invites submissions for themed issues. If you want to edit a theme issue of HEJLT, please sent a proposal of about 300 words to the editor. The proposal should include the proposed editor(s), the theme of the issue, the authors and their (expected) topics and a time frame. The editorial team will then decide on the viability of the proposal.
Please read For authors and then send any submissions directly to the Editor
Please submit or send enquiries by email to the editor:
Or contact email@example.com
- George Roberts, Managing Editor
- Mary Briggs, Associate Editor
- Didi Griffioen, Associate Editor