The Higher Education Journal for Learning and Teaching (HEJLT) now invites submissions for upcoming issues. We especially welcome colleagues who start to publish in the field of teaching and learning.
HEJLT is based at Oxford Brookes University and has a widely spread international audience. HEJLT is an open access and online journal with 3-4 issues per year. We publish manuscripts in several different formats:
- Research papers – a contribution based on original research – max 5000 words
- Short articles – highlighting an educational practice – max 3000 words
- Opinion pieces – stating a grounded opinion on a teaching and learning topic – max 1500 words
- Book review – giving an argumentative perspective of a new or classic book – max 1200
- Also videos and other visual material can be published and shared through HEJLT
Authors, please see information on submission here.
For any inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any of the (associate) editor(s).
HEJLT also invite submissions for theme issues. If you want to edit a theme issue of HEJLT, please sent a proposal of about 300 words to EMAIL ADRESS. The proposal should include the proposed editor(s), the theme of the issue, the authors and their (expected) topics and a time frame. The editorial team will then decide on the viability of the proposal.
All manuscripts will undergo a peer review process. However, since HEJLT intends to bring new authors to the field the peer review process is mostly not double blind. When the manuscript is considered of interest to the journal, author and editor normally work together to get the manuscript ready for publication.
George Roberts, Managing Editor (groberts at brookes dot ac dot uk)
Mary Briggs, Associate Editor
Didi Griffioen, Associate Editor